Meet the Teacher

Mauricio Flores

Mauricio Flores, Photographer Editor September 23, 2021

One of the newest staff members at the school is Adam Collins. Adam Collins is from Michigan and his age is apparently “old enough.”

His favorite hobbies are to watch movies, creatively write stories, and to ride his bike. Mr. Collins has “One brother who is three years younger than Mr. Collins and is also a teacher. He is a music teacher in Michigan. He was an assistant at Long Beach State and taught at Huntington Beach.” The most difficult thing for Mr. Collins teaching online was the absence of the students. He compares it to sports when the crowds weren’t allowed into the arenas, “ I felt like something was missing.” 

Mr. Collins teaches government, psychology, and U.S history. Mr. Collins learned about MACES through Ms. Hanson, an art teacher. Mr. Collins said, “She [Ms. Hanson] inspired me to be curious.”

He loves teaching at MACES and says the students are always eager to learn and he really loves the campus. He sees potential in the students which drives him to teach.

“Mr. Collins is a cool teacher; he is really helpful when you have questions about assignments… he is very eager to teach” Suzette Mejia, a senior, and 2022 class president said. She also says that “he is a very nice teacher who regularly chats and checks up on students.”

Mr Collins shows his creativity and his versatility as a teacher in various ways, Mejia was asked if she can further address how he shows his creativity and she had this to say, “Recently, he discovered Kahoot and figured out how to make one so we have been doing Kahoot reviews on what we have been learning. It’s honestly very fun and I’m glad he is doing that because we’re able to review what we have learned in a creative way. He also has us do a Question of the Day at the beginning of class and it starts off a nice and interesting conversation.” Mr Collins shows his creativity and versatility as a teacher. 

Mr. Collins says the vibes at MACES are more energetic. “Everything seems to flow together… MACES seems like a UNITY.”

Have a great first year Mr. Collins and lets hope it was a great first year here at the Wolfpack.