Best and Worst Valentine’s Gifts

Student+Thoughts%3A+Infographic+depicts+different+student+ideas+on+the+best+and+worst+gifts.+

Emily Mojica

Student Thoughts: Infographic depicts different student ideas on the best and worst gifts.

Emily Mojica, Managing Editor

Were you lost when it came to Valentine’s Day shopping this year? Did you get a sweater with your lover’s face on it or the iconic basic teddy bear with some chocolates? Too bad your valentine didn’t see this article sooner. Here is a breakdown of the best and worst gifts.

The best gifts aren’t always the most expensive ones. This happens to be the most common answer from the female students and teachers who were surveyed. Both female and male students and teachers agreed that the best gifts are the ones that come from the heart. It can be a card or flowers as long as it is given with meaning. 

If you buy a girl flowers, then get her favorite flowers, or if you buy a guy clothes, then make sure he actually would want to wear it. Pay attention to the little things, and it will make your gift shopping experience much easier. 

You do not have to spend money to make your significant other happy on Valentine’s day. The gifts that are handmade and come from the heart are special and unique because they are meaningful. The gifts that come from the heart are one of a kind and are given with love. Just remember the little things matter because roses die, chocolates melt, but a card can last forever.

The worst gifts are the exact opposite, which consist of unthoughtful basic, last-minute pick-ups. Don’t buy something for your significant other because it was the first thing you saw in the store. Anyone can walk into CVS or Rite Aid and buy a bear with a box of chocolates which are the worst gifts according to the surveyors.  It was agreed among surveyors that gifts given without meaning are hurtful. 

Another bad idea is getting your partner a gift that benefits you and not them. Just ask yourself, does your partner really want a sweater with your face on it? Bottom line if you aren’t 100% sure with the gift you are planning to get, then don’t buy it.

You don’t have to buy expensive gifts for your partner. A gift should not be a reflection of your bank account but a reflection of your heart.  

Valentine’s Day gift shopping shouldn’t be difficult if you truly know the person you are getting the gift for. You also don’t have to spend money to give the best gift. Just remember to notice the little things about your partner.                                                

Happy Valentines Day <3